Granby's rural character has its roots in the tradition of New England agriculture...
the small farm, the fruit orchard and the dairy.
Today, we are unique in the Farmington Valley in both the number of working farms as well as the variety of agricultural businesses. We are home to dairy farms, goat farms, horse ranches, equestrian centers, orchards and beef cattle. This diversity makes Granby special.
Local farms provide more than fresh food.
Supporting local farms helps preserve local farmland and benefits both farmers and consumers in many ways.
- They preserve the town's heritage and culture
- Farms provide jobs and economic development
- Agriculture adds to the residents' quality of life
- Visitors come to enjoy the agritourism
- Farmers were the first environmentalists!
- A local food supply ensures food security.
Click here for a printable map of Granby's Farms.
Visit Granby and Get Fresh! Download your guide to Granby's hiking trails, farms, and art studios here.